Kombai Dog Price in Tamilnadu
In Tamilnadu, the price range for a Kombai dog typically falls between ₹5,000 and ₹10,000. This cost can vary based on several factors, including:
- Breeder: The reputation and credibility of the breeder can influence the price. Established and reputable breeders may charge more for their Kombai puppies.
- Puppy’s Age: The age of the puppy is a factor in determining its price. Younger puppies may be priced higher compared to older ones.
- Health: The overall health and well-being of the Kombai puppy can affect its cost. Puppies with a clean bill of health may command a higher price.
- Pedigree: The pedigree or lineage of the Kombai puppy can also contribute to price fluctuations. Puppies with impressive bloodlines may be priced higher.
The Kombai dog, also known as the Combai or Indian Bore Hound, is a breed native to the southern region of India, specifically in the state of Tamil Nadu. These dogs are primarily used for hunting and guarding purposes, and they are known for their strength, loyalty, and bravery.
Here are some key characteristics and information about the Kombai dog:
- Appearance: Kombai dogs are medium to large-sized with a muscular build. They have a short, smooth coat that is usually red or brown in colour. Their ears are medium-sized and can be either erect or semi-erect. They have a distinct ridge on their back.
- Temperament: Kombais are known for their loyalty and protective nature. They are fiercely loyal to their owners and can be reserved around strangers, making them excellent guard dogs. They are also known for their courage and fearlessness, which makes them effective hunting companions.
- Hunting Skills: Historically, Kombai dogs were used for hunting wild boar, deer, and other game in the dense forests of southern India. They are skilled at tracking and holding down prey until their human hunting partners arrive.
- Exercise Needs: Kombai dogs are active and energetic, requiring regular exercise to stay healthy and happy. Daily walks and playtime are essential to keep them mentally and physically stimulated.
- Training: These dogs are intelligent and can be trained with patience and consistency. Early socialization is crucial to ensure they are well-behaved around other animals and people.
- Health: Kombai dogs are generally hardy and have few hereditary health issues. However, like all breeds, they can be prone to certain conditions, so regular vet check-ups are important.
- Ownership: Kombai dogs are not very common outside of India, so finding a reputable breeder may be a challenge if you’re located elsewhere. Ensure that you acquire a Kombai dog from a responsible breeder who prioritizes the health and well-being of their dogs.
The Kombai Dog is a short, muscular, and athletic breed that typically stands about 58 centimetres (23 in) tall. They have a short, smooth coat ranging from light brown to dark red, with a black muzzle. Their mid-length ears have bent tips, and they have dark eyes and a fine muzzle. Their slightly haired tail is broad and carried over their back, resembling a sickle.
The Kombai Dog is highly intelligent and loyal to the people they know, making them great family dogs. They are sweet-natured and tolerant of children, but they can be ferocious when threatened by strangers or unfamiliar dogs, making them excellent guard dogs. This breed is known to be protective and courageous, which is why they were traditionally kept for guarding and protection.
Kombai dogs, named after a small town in Tamil Nadu, India, are becoming increasingly popular due to their unique traits and characteristics. These Indian Bore Hounds, also known as Kombai, are known for their short-haired coat in red and brown colours with black muzzles, dark ears that extend till the back, and coloured feet. In this article, we will discuss the pricing of Kombai dogs and the factors to consider before purchasing one.
Also, Read | (Combai) Kombai Dog Price in India
Factors that Influence Kombai Dog Price
Choosing the right breeder is crucial when buying a Kombai dog. You need to make sure that the dog is in good health and shape. If you purchase from puppy mills or breeders who only sell Kombai dogs, you may need to pay a charge of 10% to 15% on top of the price for contacting them. This can increase the price of the dogs significantly.
If you purchase from a reputable breeder, the cost of the Kombai dog can increase to around INR 7,000 to INR 12,000, depending on the bloodline of the dog. Often, Kombai dogs are vaccinated before being sold, and these charges are added to the price. The vaccine can cost around INR 2,500.
Insurance for Kombai Dogs
When it comes to insurance costs, it is essential to get third-party liability insurance that covers the cost of the owner of the Kombai dog if it bites someone. This is especially important if you plan to take your dog out in public places.
Kombai Dog Grooming and Maintenance: Cost and Tips
As a proud Kombai dog owner, you must be aware of their aggressive nature and the importance of professional training to manage their behaviour. However, the cost of grooming and maintaining these intelligent canines can be pretty high. In this article, we’ll discuss the Kombai dog grooming and maintenance costs and tips to keep them healthy and happy.
Training Cost and Tips
Short training sessions work best for Kombai dogs as they tend to get frustrated quickly. A professional trainer can help you train your Kombai dog efficiently. The cost of hiring a trainer can range between INR 6,000 to INR 12,000. Offering treats to your dog is a great way to keep them motivated during training.
Grooming Cost and Tips
The grooming cost of Kombai dogs varies depending on factors like the experience of the groomer and the area you live in. A walking dog service charges around INR 500 to INR 2000 for grooming purposes. However, the grooming needs for Kombai dogs are not extensive. Using good quality shampoo and organic coconut oil massage can keep their coat shiny and clean. If you wish to have professional grooming services, it can cost you around INR 1000 to INR 2000.
Maintenance Cost and Tips
Kombai dog maintenance includes ear cleaning, nail clipping, and the occasional brushing. The cost of maintenance can range between INR 1000 to INR 2000, depending on the services you opt for. Regular maintenance is crucial to keep your Kombai dog healthy and happy.
Early socialization is essential for Kombai dogs to differentiate between friends and enemies. Leash training is also necessary to avoid lease pulling. Kombai dogs are aggressive toward strangers, and airlines do not allow them to travel. If you wish to travel with your dog, choose Indian railways instead.
The Kombai, a breed of working dog native to Tamil Nadu, has a fascinating history and remarkable characteristics. This breed is highly intelligent, loyal, and protective, making them excellent guard and family dogs. Although there are conflicting reports about the status of the breed, the Kombai remains a symbol of pride for Tamil Nadu and continues to be an essential part of the state’s history and culture.
Hello, I’m Umair Ikram, an aspiring blogger obsessed with dogs and animals. I decided to start this blog to help people choose the right dog for themselves & for dog owners to raise confident, fun, & happy dogs.
Thanks for visiting my website, and I hope you enjoy reading about dogs as much as I do! https://dogportals.com/